7/13/11

Working out? WHO has time for THAT? Let's Chat...

ok... I don't know about all of you but I know that I WISH that I had enough time in the day and enough gumption to work out in some way EVERY day.  Honestly, I joined the YMCA this year and I LOVE it!  I go often but, there are days when it just doesn't work into my schedule.  I do know that days that I start my day with exercising in some fashion, I just feel better about myself. 

So, I've brainstormed some ideas of ways that I can make healthier choices or get a 'workout' around the house or in my everyday life.  Please feel free to comment below and add ANY other GREAT ideas!!

-DRINK WATER (click here)
-Park farther away (this is a big one for me... I am one of those types of people.  I would drive around for a LONG time trying to find a close parking spot)
-Take the stairs over the elevator or escalator
-Have a DANCE PARTY with the kiddos (this is TONS of fun!!)
-Play sports with the kids outside
-Jump rope
-Wear ankle weights (watch out... your legs feel wobbly after you take them off)
-Bike ride
-Piggy back rides (you can incorporate squats for an extra workout)
-Have fresh fruit options for snacks (good habits to start with the kiddos too)
-Work in the yard
(*calorie burning chart*)

Inexpensive exercise equipment to buy (to have and use at home without owning an entire gym):
-jump rope (GREAT cardio workout)
-exercise ball (you can do SO much on the ball... google it... but it is GREAT for your core and balance)
-hand weights (So these are a little pricey.  BUT, you really probably only need a set of 5lb weights and maybe some 8lb weights too.  Remember that you can use things around the house as weights too)
-kettle bells (The smaller ones are affordable.  The heavier ones get more expensive.  They are used in a lot of Crossfit workouts.)
-exercise band (Can often be used instead of weights to provide resistance.  My favorite... well, it hurts... but you know what I mean... exercise with the band is... to stand on it feet shoulder width apart.  Hold the handles either at hip or shoulder height to provide enough resistance.  Step right and left and burn your butt!!  It's a good one...)
-pull up bar
 
Here are some websites with GREAT ideas too:
-Working out while doing chores
-Working out at home with no equipment
-Working out without weights

Ok... well, that's what I came up with sitting here.  If I think of more, I'll comment.  You do the same, ok? 

Let's Chat...

No comments:

Post a Comment