3/26/11

Going BANANAS (less than 100 calorie snack)!!

While I was running on the treadmill (trying to distract myself from the time...) I was reading an article that listed fun snacks for kids... or ways to make regular snacks more FUN!  I don't know about you.... but I LIKE fun!!


So... the way they said it was...


Cube a banana and roll it in Rice Krispies.  So... for you calorie counters... that's 50 calories for 1/2 a banana and 40 calories if you use 1/4 cup of Rice Krispies... THAT'S 90 CALORIES!!

What's even MORE fun...

It's KID FRIENDLY!  Addison LOVED making AND eating this yummy snack :-)

NOW... let's not stop there... for those of us willing to splurge a little in the calorie department... how about THIS little twist?


THAT'S RIGHT... COCOA Krispies, peanut butter, and a banana.  So... in addition to the 90 calories you're really only adding like 40-80 calories... depending on how much peanut butter you use.  This kind of peanut butter was 180 calories/2tbsp.  I did a VERY thin layer... but I imagine that I could go a little crazy with it. 

YUMM-O!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment