6/8/11

Crying Kids in Public... Let's Chat...

No...this isn't my angel throwing
a fit in the middle of the mall... :-P
I think it's safe to say that at SOME point in our lives we have ALL rolled our eyes at someone who's kid was throwing a MAJOR tantrum.  I think it's also safe to say that that was probably BEFORE we had kids of our own.  Now, of course, there is ALWAYS an exception to the rule... but for the most part, it is hard to understand what is going on.  Instead of thinking to ourselves, "Man, I bet she is STRESSED out.  I wonder if I could help her out and make a silly face at her kiddo?"  We often think, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  Get that kid under control!"  OR "When I have kids..."  OR  "What that kid needs is..."  I think you all get the idea... Needless to say, it is times like these that we really get into trouble!  We seal our fate.

So, let's hear it.  I KNOW we have ALL had situations where there was a kid throwing a fit in public (surely it wasn't your kid).  What worked?  What DIDN'T??  Do you have any good stories of someone saying something REALLY in appropriate on the rare occasion that it was your angel?  C'mon... let's chat...

1 comment:

  1. HAHA! Oh, the public tantrums. Gotta love them! What works? Usually there's nothing I can say or do to stop a tantrum already in progress. I just let her scream and I walk out of wherever I am with my head up, looking straight ahead until we get to the car and then...well, I'm sure you know what happens then. :) Thankfully no one has ever said anything inappropriate, mostly people just look. Some look sympathetic like they've been there too, others look judgmental, some look scared. SOMETIMES when it's just Claire and I, I can take her into the bathroom and have a little chat with her. But most of the time on our way there she yells, "MOMMY, DON'T SPANK ME!!!! I'M SORRY, MOMMY!!! I'M SO SORRY!!! PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE DON'T SPANK MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!" And since I don't want DFCS showing up at my house, I normally just opt to leave and deal with it in the car. *Sigh* Public tantrums...definitely a phase I'm ready to be done with. :)

    ReplyDelete