8/24/11

Funny Face Food

So we've all seen the FUNNY FACE pancake at IHOP...


Well after eating breakfast there, I decided (like MANY moms have already done) to make lunch 'FUN' today. :-)

There are PLENTY of variations of this idea and you could get VERY creative (Check out this awesome example on Mess for Less)!!  The good thing is that you can sneak in healthy foods and kids will try them (hopefully) just because they LOOK fun!  So, my Plain Jane daughter had an introductory fun lunch today.  We'll definitely do this again and try some more daring things...


So I just put peanut butter on a slice of bread and used a cup as a cookie cutter and cut them out.  I used raisins for the eyes and that's cantaloupe for the mouth.  When she was done eating, she wanted more (and it had to be an entire face... so I was glad it was so basic).... and the awesome thing is she usually doesn't eat cantaloupe!!  YAY for fun tricks... hahahaha...

No comments:

Post a Comment