9/11/11

9/11/01



September 11, 2001... doesn't it just seem like YESTERDAY?!  I can vividly remember watching these images scroll across the TV screen.  I remember being glued to the news (not normal for me).  I remember the pit I felt in my stomach... not understanding any of this WHY?  WHO?  I remember calling my parents, knowing that 'they know everything' right?!  I remember talking to my dad on the phone while the second tower was hit.  What a feeling.  I'm not old enough to play the where were you when so and so died... but this... this will live on.  ForEVER.

It has been 10 years since our nation was attacked and in that time people's emotions and opinions and thoughts have all changed (I'm not saying it's for the better or worse).  But, when I look at pictures like this, I can't help but feel that same anger and frustration I felt in 2001.  Nearly THREE THOUSAND innocent Americans were blindly attacked and KILLED that day.  I don't know about you, but that makes my blood boil and it makes my sense of pride in our nation sky rocket.  

I will NEVER forget September 11, 2001... I hope that you will take a moment to remember that day and to remember all of those that we lost on that day and those that we've lost since then, as a result of the actions on that day.

1 comment:

  1. I remember that it was an absolutely gorgeous day. I was at work in a Paint store and one of the contractors came in and I was crying. He told me "Why don't you just turn the TV off". It was so weird after that. I just kept waiting for something else to happen. And I think definitely, it united us all as a country. Stopping by on my own, but also from the voiceBoks.com Members to remember!
    Michelle
    Heartfelt Balance Handmade Life

    ReplyDelete