10/19/11

No Bake Cookies

I'm sure that PLENTY of you have had these delicious cookies.  BUT, just in case you haven't I thought I would post the recipe.

These cookies are a staple in our family.  When my husband is deployed, these are one of his FAVORITE snacks to get.  They travel well, and because they're just 'plopped' on the wax paper, it doesn't matter if they change their shape at all.

And just like their name implies, there is NO BAKING involved.  Seriously, the kind of cookie that you can have on the cooling rack in 15 mins or so (the entire batch cooling... not just one cookie sheet full).  I often just whip them up if I need to bring a sweet treat or snack somewhere.  Most of the ingredients are things that you have just lying around.  

I made them on Sunday night for my small group and they LOVED them, decided that I should share this yumminess with my Handy Housemom friends :-)

NO BAKE COOKIES

Here's what you need:


2 cups of sugar
1/2 cup of chocolate cocoa
1/2 cup of milk
1 stick of butter
3 cups (or more) of oats
1/2 cup peanut butter
1tsp vanilla

Here's what you do:
 Put the first 4 ingredients (sugar, cocoa, milk, butter) into a large pot on the stove and bring them all to a boil.

Turn down the heat and add in peanut butter until it melts.

Remove from heat and add oats and vanilla.

Scoop out cookies onto wax paper.  Let them cool and harden before eating.

THAT'S IT!!  Enjoy!!



**Funny story** Around the holidays when we make these, we refer to them as reindeer turds... I know, gross and vulgar, but it IS pretty funny!!


No comments:

Post a Comment