11/24/11

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Phew... the holiday season is upon us, and in FULL effect in our house.  I chose to take on a part time retail job for the holidays (for both a little income and some time OUT of the house)... sooooooo, that has kept me busy and I've slacked a little on blogging :-(

And for that, I apologize.

In honor of Thanksgiving, I have chosen to do an anagram with a list of some of the things that I am thankful for... here goes...

Time- I'm thankful for the time that I've been given here on the earth.... for the time with my family, my kids, my husband, my friends... just VERY thankful!
Husband-  He's one of a kind and I'm BEYOND lucky to have found my soul mate.  I thank God for him    daily!!
Adventure-  As a wife/mom (of 2)/part time holiday employee/laundry doer/grocery getter/meal maker/ etc... finding time for adventure doesn't always happen.  BUT, when it does, I am extremely grateful.
Neighbors- (not in the literal sense) Neighbors are those close to me, maybe not in the house next door, but they're close in my heart.  Friendships like that are PRICELESS, I am BEYOND thankful for my dearest friends.
Kin-  I have been blessed with the greatest family.  They are the most supportive people I know.  It's amazing to me, though, that some of my 'family' members are NOT blood.
Service members-  EVERY day there are soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines (and anyone else I may have forgotten) as well as first responders that are working hard in the US and overseas for me, I HAVE to say, THAT makes me lucky- I'm VERY thankful for that!
Grace-  Eph 4:7 "But to each one of us, grace has been given as Christ apportioned it."  Grace is something that isn't easily given (by me), but I am SO thankful for God's grace (Lord knows I need it).
Income-  I am thankful that in this CRAZY economy, my husband has a job and can provide for his family.
Vehicle-  I am thankful for the 2 vehicles that we own.  That we can get from point A to point B and don't have to share.
Internet-  Technology is a blessing and sometimes a curse, but I do enjoy it's conveniences.
Necessities-  I am thankful for ALL of the basic necessities that I have at my fingertips.  There are so many people around the world that don't have nearly what I do.  I'm not sure that I always realize that.  I am so thankful for the 'basic' things that I have.
God-  John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His ONE AND ONLY SON that whoever believes in Him, will not die, but have ETERNAL LIFE"... YUP, DEFINITELY thankful for that!!

So, HH readers... what is it that YOU are most thankful for this Thanksgiving Day?  I hope that you take a few minutes to count your blessings and enjoy the holiday and time with friends and family.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment