11/7/11

Hospital Bag...Let's Chat...

Packing your bag can be a pretty overwhelming thing at times.  I mean, you've already been getting a nursery/house/clothes/lifestyle ready for your new addition but, packing your bag often gets put on the back burner.  The thing about labor is that you never now how things will go.  If you'll be in active labor for-ever or if things will go quickly.  Either way, "It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it" my dad always says this!!


If you (or your wife) have never been pregnant, then some of this stuff might seem silly or unimportant.  But, I can assure you that this list has come from women that have been there and done that.

So, I currently have rather large number of friends that have either JUST HAD babies or are pregnant now and due soon.  One of these preggy mommies, my friend, Morgan (who has an AWESOME blog, and has done some REALLY fun stuff in the nursery... Click here to check it out), asked  her friends about what to pack in her hospital bag.  Some of the responses were EXTREMELY helpful.  Thought I would share some with y-o-u!

Diapers.com 120x60I'm sharing this list with links to diapers.com (free 1-2day shipping on all orders over $49)... Please feel free to comment below with any additional items that you would recommend.



  • Snacks (wake up starving, PB crackers, power bars)
  • Change for vending machine (for hubby too)
  • Phone charger
  • Camera
  • Extra batteries (or charger)
  • Towel (unless you like drying off with towels the size of a wash cloth)
  • Robe
  • Socks/Slippers
  • Reading material/DVDs
  • Nursing Bra or Tank
  • Nursing pads
  • BIG OLE PANTIES (that you do NOT care about… the pads you get are HUMONGOUS- you might want to bring your own pads too)
  • Computer
  • Clothes for you to wear
  • Blow dryer/straightener, make-up, toothbrush/toothpaste (you’re gonna want to feel fresh and clean)
  • Make sure Hubby brings clothes too
  • Pillow/blanket
  • Flip Flops for shower
  • Lanolin/soothing gel pads
  • PJs for nursing
  • Boppy
  • Baby Book or pages (to do foot/hand prints)
  • Sleepers for baby
  • Going home outfits for everyone (PICTURES)
Well, I hope that this list helps some of you out!  By the way, that diapers.com website has SO MUCH more than just diapers. It's well worth checking out.  The service and shipping are great!  They have great sales and deals. I have a link on the right hand side of my page that is ALWAYS there... click it and check out the deals :-)


1 comment:

  1. This is a great list to go by and I packed pretty much what was on it. I was sad that my hospital didnt do the footprints. My hospital provided those mesh panties so I didn't have to worry about possibly ruining mine.

    Diapers.com is an awesome site!

    www.imasillymami.com

    ReplyDelete