12/7/11

Egg Brunch Casserole CROCKPOT

So here's another AWESOME pin that I found a while ago.  I am a member of the MOPs group at my church and on this specific Tuesday, my table was responsible for bringing food.  So, I totally took advantage of this recipe.  Set it and forget it, right?!  SO EASY and super yummy!

Here's what you need...
6-8 strips of bacon
1 onion
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
1 red or green pepper, seeded and chopped
1 (2lb) bag of frozen hash browns
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
12 eggs
1 cup whole milk
1 tsp dried dill
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Here's what you do...
Spray Crock Pot with non-stick cooking spray.  

Cook bacon til crisp.  Let it cool, then chop it into 1/2 inch pieces and set it aside.


Saute onion, garlic, and bell pepper for 5 mins.  


Layer 1/3 of the frozen hash browns in the bottom of the Crock Pot with 1/3 bacon, 1/3 onion/garlic/pepper mixture and 1/3 cheese.  


Repeat layers ending with cheese (I LOVE cheese, so I added extra).


In a large bowl, mix eggs, milk, dill, salt & pepper. 


Pour over ingredients in the Crock Pot.  




Cover and turn on low.  Cook for 8-10 hours.


When it's done, a thermometer in the center should read 160 degrees F.

I mean, how EASY is that??  Made for a REALLY easy morning.  I just had to load it in the car.  And... as always, it smelled... DELICIOUS!

Visit A Latte with Ott A to print out a recipe card and find more yummy recipes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment