12/2/11

Handprint Christmas Tree


So, I pinned this SO LONG AGO (here)... I just HAD to try it out with my little ones when I was on my desperate crafting search.  I REALLY love the way that it turned out.  If I were going to do anything different though, I would have gotten a larger canvas.  I think that the one I got was like 16x20 (maybe?!).  Bigger would have been MUCH better, you can always add more rows.  Anyhow, luckily my munchkins still have small hands so it worked out GREAT.  Had I had the larger canvas though, we could have added a row of hands for each adult in the house too.  Lesson learned.

So, I went to the craft store here and the canvases were on sale.  Who doesn't love a sale?!  For a 2 canvas pack, I paid $6.95.  Add in a bottle of green paint (washable of course) for $2.99 and I was set.  If only I had remembered my 50% off any item coupon... it would have been even better.  Oh well.  Another lesson learned.

Well, I'm SO grateful that the canvases came in a 2 pack.  If you look at the second picture, you can see where I tried to put my hands on and then had my little one stamping away... I had NO PLAN!  I visualized it perfectly in my head.  But, when it came down to it, it turned out AWFUL!  So, on to canvas #2.  Lesson Learned.
  




I nixed the grown up handprints and just used the kiddos.  I used A's left hand (bottom 2 rows) and W's right (top 2 rows).  And I just have to confess that I LOVE THE WAY IT TURNED OUT!!!!  It was super easy and looks so super cute!!


I added some brown paint at the bottom for a trunk and a gold star (glitter glue) on the top... badda bing... badda boom... handprint Christmas Tree!!!  <3


Thanks Ucreate for this ADORABLE and AWESOME idea!!!

3 comments: