10/15/11

Black Beans & Pork

I <3 EmealzWith the chill in the air yummy Crock Pot recipes are the best!!  This is one that I got from E-mealz.

My family loved it (especially my little guy... SHOVELED it in)!

Black Beans & Pork

Coriander... who knew?!

What you need:
1.5-2.25lb pork tenderloin (cut into 1/2" cubes)
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon coriander
1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper (1/4 each)
1 onion, chopped
2- 15oz cans black beans (drained & rinsed)
14.5oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 1/4 cups water
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Rice to serve with (my favorite kind is Jasmine, but any is fine)





What you do:
In Crock-Pot, toss together pork, chili powder, coriander, salt & pepper.
Stir in onion, beans, tomatoes, and water.
Cover; cook on high for 4 hours (or low for 6 hours).  Stir in cilantro.  Using a potato masher, mash beans slightly until mixture is thickened.
Serve over rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment