10/16/11

Fun Filled FALL Weekend

I can't say it enough... I LOVE FALL!  I love having the windows open (especially the part where my air is OFF and I'm saving money on the power bill- it's a win/win situation).  I love the smells of fall.  When I walk into the grocery store and I smell the cinnamon scented broom sticks, I get all warm and fuzzy.  I love the outdoor activities!  The fall festivals, the pumpkin patches, birthday parties, 5k races, trips to the zoo, pretty much EVERYTHING about being outside makes me happy!


Well, this weekend was a fun filled FALL weekend!  It all started on Friday evening...

After nap, I ran to the grocery store with the kids.  When we got home, we kept the TV off!  I opened the back door and daddy and the kids played in the backyard while I unloaded the groceries, in peace... isn't that an AMAZING feeling?  Putting groceries away without someone underneath your feet!!  It's hard to put that into words.  Anyhow, when I was done, I joined the family outside.  Honestly, I just sat on the porch and watched them play.  There is something so amazing about hearing your kids giggle with their daddy.  He would chase them and scoop them up and tickle them... he would play a keep away/soccer game... he even showed them the 'throw the bouncy ball on the roof and wait for it to roll down' game.  The kids LOVED it!

After a fun afternoon playing with daddy, we all sat at the table and pigged out on pizza!  It's the little things, right?  Once we were done with our pizza, the real fun began (please forgive me... I didn't take pictures :-(  I know... PARTY FOUL!)...

I spread out an old sheet and cut the top off of our pumpkin.  It was funny because my 3 year old had obviously just done this in class, as she talked us through the whole thing.  Explaining that there were SEEDS inside... she was so proud of herself.  My little guy really enjoyed reaching in a pulling out the gooey seeds too!  Once all the seeds were out, I quickly carved the pumpkin according to the requests of the little ones.  Then, I let them paint the pumpkin.  THEY...LOVED...IT!!!  Honestly, it's kind of a crazy looking blue-ish/purple-ish painted pumpkin with a carved face.  But, those kids are SO PROUD of their work of art.  Here it is, what do you think?



While the kids took a bath, I cleaned, dried, salted, and baked the seeds.  They both enjoyed tasting the seeds too!

Saturdays in our house consist mainly of ONE thing in the fall... COLLEGE FOOTBALL!  GO DAWGS!!!  Luckily, UGA wasn't playing until 7 this weekend, so daddy agreed to go on an adventure with us.  Let me tell you... the kids were BEYOND excited!  We visited a local wildlife center in Savannah, Oatland Island (I DID remember my camera this time :-)).


Oatland is a wildlife center and it's quite amazing.  It's located in Savannah, GA and is right on the marsh.  In fact, they have an AWESOME boardwalk that crosses part of the marsh.  Here's a picture but, I'm not sure it gives the view justice...



It is truly amazing how much kids will learn if we just take the time to talk and teach them things.  Our little girl is such a sponge at the age of 3.  We LOVED talking and teaching her about the different animals.  She was able to describe and compare them to other animals.  It was fun to watch her explore and learn.  Our little guy was QUITE the explorer.  He just really loved walking around and touching EVERYTHING!  He would stop and pick up one little acorn, it was funny because it was like he picked that one acorn out.  I saw a ton of them and he picked his one.

While we were there, we saw, an alligator, a cougar, a bobcat, a red fox, bison, and a white wolf (other things too... but those were the MAIN things).  Here's daddy and son checking out the bison...
 


He LOVED just being able to walk around by himself... such a big boy!!



A little sibling love <3 ....


Here he is... reading up on the trees.  He LOVED stopping at each sign and 'reading' it.  HA!


So, that was our fun fill FALL weekend.  You should know that we did watch Georgia play (and WIN) Saturday evening... so, our weekend was complete!  How was YOUR weekend?  Did you do anything fun?  Let's Chat...

No comments:

Post a Comment