4/16/12

Fun with Froot Loops

So, this was a fun rainy day activity that I wanted to share with y'all.  I know if you're anything like me, then rainy days are the WORST with little ones.  

My daughter had been working on patterns in school. Which got me thinking....


FROOT LOOP NECKLACES/BRACELETS!  It would be a fun activity and a decent snack.  


The cool thing was that it was appropriate enough for my (almost) 2 year old AND my (almost) 4 year old.  Like I said, she had been working on patterns in school.  So, I tasked her with creating a necklace... BUT, she had to make a cool pattern.

My little man was challenged just by putting the Froot Loops on the pipe cleaner.  It was a GREAT hand/eye coordination activity.  Once he got the hang of it, we reviewed colors too.  I would ask him to put on the red one, and then the yellow, etc.  He LOVED IT!

The best part for him was EATING the necklace.  The best part for her was WEARING it :-)

All you need is a cereal that you can thread (whatever you have) and pipe cleaners... and BAM!  You've got a GREAT rainy day activity AND snack!!

So, here's Wyatt's bracelet (no pattern... obviously :-).


Here's Addison's bracelet.  A nice AABBCC pattern!!


Here's her necklace... a MUCH more detailed pattern.  I was SUPER proud of her.  AABCD pattern!  Not bad for a 3 (almost 4) year old.


No comments:

Post a Comment